Sunday, January 5, 2014

Best of the Week, Dec 31 - Jan 5

In case you missed our postings last week, here are the highlights. Happy New Year!

8 Lessons Learned About Social Media as Your Workplace Keep going; slow and steady wins the race. Millions compete for internet space. Stay on point; don't freak out. Good content always prevails. . .







Tea with Frederick Buechner: He says, "It was John Updike who said God saves his deepest silence for his saints. Some people might say, 'The hell with it.' His silence throws me back upon myself and I must search my own depths. I'm still searching, aren't you?" He bobs his tea bag. "If we're not searching, we're dead" . . .







The Plaintive Faith of T.S. Eliot: 
. . . No! I am not Prince Hamlet, nor was meant to be;
Am an attendant lord, one that will do
To swell a progress, start a scene or two,
Advise the prince; no doubt, an easy tool,
Deferential, glad to be of use,
Politic, cautious, and meticulous;
Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse;
At times, indeed, almost ridiculous--
Almost, at times, the Fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment